The National Academic Advising Association is the professional organization for academic advisors, faculty advisors, counselors, administrators, and student advisors. As an academic advisor, you should be very familiar with the organization and their website. Here are a few highlights:
- NACADA’s mission and goals
- NACADA’s concept of academic advising
- NADADA’s statement of core values
- The Clearinghouse – a list of articles and resources for advisor, organized by topic. One stop shopping for information about academic advising!
- The quarterly newsletter, Academic Advising Today. Academic advisors, faculty advisors, and advising administrators share their experiences and discuss their ideas about the theory and practice of academic advising in higher education.